Saturday 2 February 2008

Not a Friend of Dorothy, But Thinner!

Aarggh.

I would like to cry, but I am too confused!! On Thursday night when I went for my me-time, I wandered into Brantano Shoes. I found some gorgeous red clarkes shoes with 40% off!! woo hoo! my internal monologue screamed! I walked down to clarks just to check.

They were indeed clarks shoes, but had not come into clarks shops yet, they were a new range that Brantano can get early. So I toddled back, tried them on and strutted about the shop. Wonderful! Red shoes, a vintage syle, clarks and 40% off. I all but ran to the counter. I had my dorothy shoes.

So, Friday morning I wanted to wear them with my red and black ensemble. Left foot in! Right foot . . . . . . wouldn't go. I could not get the right shoe on. I was very confused. I checked the lable, still size 8. The shoes never left my sight in the shop - they were still the shoes I bought. I forced my foot in and realised I couldn't walk in them without ripping my ankle to shreds. I was very upset. Thing is, I know feet swell, but surely they are fatter at night, not in the morning? Surely, the shoes should have fit better in the morning?!!

They still wouldn't fit last night. I am sulking slightly. The answer? I am going to wrap a potatoe, shove it down the toe and leave on the radiator. Hopefully it will stretch slightly and my fat feet will get to fit into my beautiful new shoes!

Anyway, updates for 2nd Feb:-

Chest: - 36" or aprox. 92cm
Waist:- 31" or aprox. 79cm
Hips:- 39" or aprox. 99cm
weight:- 12 stone 5lbs
Height:- 5' 8"

This is quite a change now from the first week - I was expecting a bigger difference to be honest this week, or at least hoping. But it goes to show that watching your calorie intake and adding some light exercise into your day, really really does work!

So since the beginning, I have lost 2 inches on my chest, 3 inches on my waist, 3 inches on my hips and lost 10lbs!!!!!! The last bit makes me feel fabulous!

Right, I am off to fix those bloody shoes!

Nx

No comments: