Saturday 16 February 2008

Wasting Time

Hmph. Bored.

I have so many things I need to do and so many things I want to do, but just can't be bothered. Its Saturday night and Steve has taken his little brother to Nottingham to play poker. They won't be back here until the early hours, so I have to occupy myself - without eating!! I ordinarily really look forward to a night alone, I really was looking forward to this one, but I know what happens, get slightly bored and I eat. If I get bored when others are around I don't eat. Food is my friend in solitary situations.

Generally I've had a week off, not only from work, but from my enforced change of routine. I haven't eaten vast portions this week, but I have eaten a lot more, and a lot more sugar based food. The other day I cooked two batches of fudge because I wanted to entertain myself. Its not very nice fudge, (either under or over cooked, don't know which) but that hasn't stopped me eating it. I had scones, ice cream and chocolate last weekend, the rich valenites desert over two nights this week, and very little exercise. Next week I need to start again!

Anyway, so tonight I am alone. I am trying not to go into the kitchen, fudge be there! Also, on evenings like this I like to bake . . . probably not the best way to 'restart' the week. So . . . what to do . . . .?

Watch the BBC's Pride and Prejudice . . . Check! On in the background, nothing like a Mr Darcy fix on a lonesome evening. Colin Firth as Mr Darcy is the quintessential heart throb. I love him and wish I was as witty and intelligent as Miss Eliza Bennett if it would catch me a man of that calibre and good standing! I've not done too badly though with Steve! Looking at fallen relationships around me recently I realise I am a very lucky young lady to be with someone I love and who loves me regardless of all my insecurities and paranoias. Fanatsising about Mr Darcy is still a very definite necessity in my life though!

Finish reading the book I started before christmas . . . If I know where I've put it! I'm reading 'Son of a Witch', the sequel to 'Wicked'. I love reading, however I need large chunks of time and an abundance of energy to concentrate in order to read adult books. I can't keep reading children's books all the time! I am often mocked by Steve and Erika for being a 'retard' at reading! It takes me ages and I always feel too tired. This may seem strange but I get so involved with a book, it totally consumes my whole being, so reading takes energy! Steve thinks I am dyslexic (I struggle with my left and right) and that this is the issue. I am not dyslexic, I like many other women, have more important things to think about than wether I know my left and right . . . I'm not coming out too well from this!

(From the above point) revise my left and right . . . can I really be bothered? what horrors will befall me should I occaisionally mix them up? "Don't step left, you will fall off the cliff." - instant hospitalisation or death. "Drive on the left side of the road," - instant hospitalisation or death. "Put this shoe on your right foot," - blisters, poor walking, falling over leading to instant hospitalisation or death. Maybe its worth spending ten minutes on. Hmm.

Bake a cake - ermmm, no. This would require not only a walk to the shop for eggs but mean I would eat a vast proportion of it before the Webley Brothers return.

Play Scrabbulous - check! Unfortunately I am only playing against three people and they are all busy this evening so I have to wait until tomorrow for them to return their go. Limited time wasting.

Go for a walk . . . the fact that I am already curled up in bed with Colin Firth means this is unlikely, not imposisble but highly improbable.

Do my school planning . . . It might actually come to this. However, it is Saturday night and school work was designed for Sunday nights just before you start again!

Mark my writing assessments . . . see above.

Drink wine . . . I would love to right now, but even though Steve has my car I may need to be aware of myself incase certain horrors befall the Webley Brothers on their outing - not sure what, but something could happen (see, not paranoid in the slightest).

Play at dressing up . . . now this one is very appealing. Now I am a little thinner I should be able to fit into my old university ball dresses! Might end up flouncing around the house drinking wine, imagining I am dancing with Mr Darcy and slighting Mr Collins. My favourite ball gown is one my mum made, its a black velvet bask with a HUGE dark purple skirt which flashes deep red, blue and black depending on how the light catches it - amasing.

Work out how to use the timer setting on my camera . . . this could be in collaboration with the above.

Write another chapter to my kids book . . . started over a year ago and only 4 chapters in. Lacking inspiration at the moment, am waiting to win the lottery and take a year off to write.

Check lottery numbers . . . where's my handbag?! Ah, downstairs, do it in a bit.

Well, with all these things to do I should get going, will never fit it all in! On the other hand . . . might just have a piece of fudge!

Nx

No comments: