Friday 15 February 2008

Not giving up the ghost, just yet.

Comfy old jeans are like a good friend. They won't let you down, they don't get offended if you choose to wear something else, but are always, without fail, there when you need them. I love jeans, I live in them. My current pair are Doty P's high waisted, dark size 14s. However, what with the old losing weight shennanigans, they are not looking their best anymore.

Infact, they don't actually fit anymore! They are supposed to be high waist, however, they are now sitting below my hips. I know I can wear a belt with them, but unfortuntely it makes me look like I am wearing a nappy as they bag quite horribly around the front. Either that or a look of someone who hasn't had the full sex change ops yet! Not attractive.

The fact that I now have a figure coming back to me is very exciting. So, I thought I would celebrate this with some new interim jeans, a pair that look like they might actually fit. I toddled off into erdington - I wasn't prepared to go into Birmingham, half term shopping? No thank you. To my excitement I found that I could actually squeeze myself into size 12 jeans in new look, but they were all too low cut. I felt slightly dirty looking at jeans in new look (it was like cheating) so I put down the size 12s and went into Dotty P's. I only ever buy jeans from Dorothy or Next because they are long enough for me. However, skinny jeans were abundant. The beautiful high waisted flared jeans on the poster were no where in sight.

Needless to say, the size 12s didn't get any where near my bum! I am not built for skinny Jeans - no one should be, they are wrong on all sorts of levels. As the world is not ready for me flaunting myself in super tight denim, I meandered back out of the shop, avoiding the frilly tops that were calling me (the world is not ready for me in frills either!).
So my old jeans were slightly hurt at me looking for a replacement, but welcomed me back with open arms. Soft and saggy, they made me feel so comfortable. I didn't care that they were slightly trampy looking anymore, I love them and I don't want to lose them just yet!

No comments: