Saturday 19 January 2008

Lazy Chinese

Its amazing what you can russel up with seemingly nothing! We were meant to go to my beloved Tesco today, but as we were both being lazy, we didnt quite make it!

Anyway, I had a rummage around and created quite a nice dish, so I thought I would share it with you. All the ingredients were the last portions of things I had in the freezer, fridge, cupboard etc.

Chinesey Beef Stir Fry (serves 2)
1 packet of lean stir fry beef
3 tbspn soy sauce
1 tbspn red wine vinegar
1 tbspn honey
1tbspn hot water
lots of grated ginger - proably about a thumb's length
2 garlic cloves grated
dried chili
1 small red onion
4 shallots
3 chunks frozen spinach
hand full of frozen peas
1 small pak choi
100g uncooked rice
1. make a marinade with the soy sauce, vinegar, honey, water, ginger, garlic and chilli.
2. Stir the beef strips into the marinade and set aside.
3. Cook rice and chop veg.
4. Heat a teeny bit of oil in a wok and cook onion and shallots well.
5. Keep pan as hot as possible and throw in the beef strips and all the marinade.
6. After about 3 minutes, add the spinach, pak choi and peas.
7. Cook for 3 - 5 mins then serve with rice.
I really enjoyed it, might actually make that when I do have food. pray I go shopping tomorrow or I think we will be eating 'stock' soup for a week!! heehee!
Take care,
Nx

1 comment:

dukuhead said...

i was looking for an article on chinese people who are lazy and this came up.

regards,

a very lazy chinese person