Monday 7 January 2008

Physical Education or Fancy Dress as a Chav day? (I hate trackies)

I promise to be much quicker tonight! Not too long as there's some good food telly tonight. I believe there is a new series of master chef on bbc 2 which I hope to catch. I love watching amature cooking stuff as I often feel, "I could do better than that!" It also leads me to start imagining I'm on the programme every time I cook!! Ok, he doesn't present it now, but I alway get images of Lloyd Grossman commentating on how I was slicing my pepper, or congratulating me on my inventive choice of spices - obviously I always win! I am awesome!

I may seem smug, but I am usually rather pleased with what I cook. I'm just not allowed to cook when I am over tired - Steve will tell you how my food does generally taste like rotten cabbage when i'm tired!! Granted, sometimes it is rotten cabbage but he will never know!

Anyway, the routine worked for today - cereal as usual, couple of clementines, soup again (the last of this bach of tom yum - gutted!), soy coated salmon with veg fried rice for tea (in the smallest amount of extra virgin olive oil poss) and drinks for today has put me on around 1200 cals, give or take. Have also been on a brisk walk with Steve this evening which http://caloriecount.about.com/ suggests has burned about 208 cals.

The walk was interesting though, Steve decided he was playing 'games', obviously without my knowledge. They seemed to involve me being flung into lamp posts, bushes, bollards, fences, bush shelters, roads etc. You would have thought after 15 minutes of this I would have got wise to his oh-so-entertainning game, but no. I am obviously a moron!! He apparently won all these games! Idiot.

As for http://caloriecount.about.com/, this was recommended to me by the lovely Cie (Second Hand Shopper - click the link for a really good read! Even if you don't really like fashion, it'll make you want to buy things!!). Its quite a good website actually. I don't use it completely, it's just a good point of reference. It has lists of nutritional information about seemingly any food stuff, and also lists of exercise (no matter how minimal - one of them was "Walking - seeding a lawn") and how many calrories it burns. You can even type in whole recipes and it will calculate the nutritional values for you. It is supposed to be used to keep a tally of each days foods etc, but I do that in Nats Fat Book, but its deffinitly worth a look!

I promised I'd keep this short and I'm waffling again!! Tomorrow I have double PE. Now, I haven't taught PE for almost a year. Due to my PPA time (planning, preparation and assessment) and various other activities, my class has ended up being taught by someone else for at least 2 terms. This means however, I have to wear my tracksuit bottoms. Now these are more than a little tight, to the point where you can see about 4 inches of leg between trouser bottom and trainner. What do I do? Do I go to school thinking, "Sod you all, you're only 10, what do you care that I look like a beached whale dressed as a scally?!!" Or do I chicken out and just claim, "I forgot my kit miss," and do it in normal clothes? decisions, decisions, decisions.

I think the answer will only come when trying to dress in the dark in the morning - best excuse ever for looking like crap at work!

Cheers for all the messages of support and pieces of info, hope this means people feel a little bit better about talking about food more openly.

Cheerio,

Nx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know, all I ever do is leave you links, but... this one was a blog written by a lass who lost 12.5 stone by blogging to keep her motivated. Her blog has now been turned into a book.

http://www.dietgirl.org/

Of course, if you lost 12.5 stone you would LITERALLY disapear. You wouldn't even exist anymore! But it's quite a funny read if you start at the beginning. It was seeing her size 126 knickers on the washing line that gave her the kick start she needed! What a star!

C xx

Anonymous said...

Size 26, of course. 126 would be silly!!!