Sunday 13 January 2008

Vertically Challenged

Fun was definitly had this weekend in Newcastle, food was relatively healthy, however, I do think Ernest and Jullio have not helped with the losing of weight over the last 48 hours! However, a little rose and a little bubbles was much needed as I went ot help Cie pack some of her stuff.

I have attached a couple fo pics from last night in my favourite dress and coat. They always make me feel so good about myself, and I felt good in my own skin last night. The coat, however, is still a little tight as you can see, but I didn't care! I even think I look ok in the photies, and I know exactly what people will say, "What are you wanting to lose weight for, you look ok?" But I don't underneath. I am 2 stone heavier than I wish to be, my stomach goes out from underneath my boobs!! It is not a good look.
A similar argument people say to me when informed of my 13 stone, is "But you're tall, it's ok!" Yes, ok, I am nearly 5'9", ok yes, if I was 5'4" then we would be facing a different problem, ok yes, I am taller than some people including 4 out of 5 male colleagues, ok yes, as Elena says, I carry a lot of my weight on my boobs, but height cannot be an excuse to keep eating! If you are not happy about how you look it doesn't matter a damn about your height. I love being tall and will mostly choose to wear heels as well, but if my stomach is arching outwards, making me slightly larger than some pregnant women, there is not a pair of shoes high enough to make me feel good about how I look.

But I did feel good about how I looked last night, and with caroline in her gorgeouse red tulip dress, we set out for the Flat Bread Cafe. This is a new restaurant in newcastle which apparently has plans to role out over the rest of the UK. It was incredible. They have an eclectic menu of dishes from peru, morocco and various other places. You chose three, along with your flatbread and you just tuck in. So between us we had six incredible dishes including turkey tagine, jerk fish, a monkfish dish, all beautifully cooked. We poured a glass of rose each and then part way through the meal Cie pointed out we hadn't even touched the wine. that is a sign of the kind of people we are, we are foody people, and the scientific analysis of our food (trying to work out what ingredients were used) had prevented us from taking a single sip of the pink stuff. If you are ever in the toon you must hunt it out, I forget where exactly it is, down some cobbledy street, but keep a look out for it!

So, I haven't kept a count of the calories for the last couple of days, but I have been strict on myself. I am very nervous about tomorrow as I am going to get on the scales again and see what has happened to me since last Saturday. I am looking forward to it but very scared in case the expected doesnt occur.

Fingers crossed!

Nx

No comments: